This release brings the new MQTT v3.1 features to the broker – client authentication and topic access control. See mosquitto.conf (5) or the included example password and ACL files.
- Implement support for the password_file option and accompanying authentication requirements in the broker.
- Implement topic Access Control Lists.
- mosquitto_will_set() and mosquitto_publish() now return MOSQ_ERR_PAYLOAD_SIZE if the payload is too large (>268,435,455 bytes).
- Bridge support can now be disabled at compile time.
- Group together network writes for outgoing packets – don’t send single byte writes!
- Add support for clientid_prefixes variable.
- Add support for the clientid config variable for controlling bridge client ids.
- Remove 32-bit database ID support because htobe64() no longer used.
- Multiple client subscriptions to the same topic result in only a single subscription. Bug #744077.
Please see the download page.
Thanks to Adam Rudd, Joshua Lock, Sang Kyeong Nam and Yuvraaj Kelkar.