This is a bugfix release.
- The broker no longer ignores the auth_plugin_init() return value. Closes bug #1215084.
- Use RTLD_GLOBAL when opening authentication plugins on posix systems. Fixes resolving of symbols in libraries used by authentication plugins.
- Add/fix some config documentation.
- Fix ACLs for topics with $SYS.
- Clients loaded from the persistence file on startup were not being added to the client hash, causing subtle problems when the client reconnected, including ACLs failing. This has been fixed.
- Add note to mosquitto-tls man page stating that certificates need to be unique. Closes bug #1221285.
- Fix incorrect retained message delivery when using wildcard subs in some circumstances. Fixes bug #1226040.
- Fix support for Python 2.6, 3.0, 3.1.
- Fix TLS subjectAltName verification and segfaults.
- Handle EAGAIN in Python on Windows. Closes bug #1220004.
- Fix compilation when using WITH_TLS=no.
- Don’t fail reconnecting in Python when broker is temporarily unavailable.