This is a security bugfix release. Any users of the “mount_point” feature are strongly advised to upgrade because versions prior to 1.4.8 allow clients to inject messages outside of their mount_point through the use of a Will.
- Wills published by clients connected to a listener with mount_point defined
now correctly obey the mount point. This was a potential security risk
because it allowed clients to publish messages outside of their restricted
mount point. This is only affects brokers where the mount_point option is in
use. Closes #487178.
- Fix detection of broken connections on Windows. Closes #485143.
- Close stdin etc. when daemonised. Closes #485589.
- Fix incorrect detection of FreeBSD and OpenBSD. Closes #485131.
- mosq->want_write should be cleared immediately before a call to SSL_write,
to allow clients using mosquitto_want_write() to get accurate results.