This is a new features release. Note that although the number of changes is relatively small, there is a fairly major change in the network socket handling (to allow >1024 clients) , which is one reason this has been treated as a separate release.
- Use poll() instead of select() to allow >1024 clients.
- Run VACUUM on in-memory database on receiving SIGUSR2.
- mosquitto_pub can now send null (zero length) messages.
- Add option to print debug messages in pub and sub clients.
- hg revision is now exported via $SYS/broker/changeset
- Add compile time option to disable heap memory tracking.
- Don't store QoS=0 messages for disconnected clients with subscriptions of QoS>0.
- accept() all available sockets when new clients are connecting, rather than just one (performance advantage)
- Send Will when client exceeds keepalive timer and is disconnected.
- Check to see if a client has a will before sending it.
- Correctly deal with clients connecting with the same id multiple times.
- Fix bridge keepalive timeouts and reconnects.
- Don't attempt to drop root privileges when running on Windows as this isn't well supported (bug #586231).
Source downloads are available at the download page Links for binary packages on Ubuntu and Fedora can be found on the same page.