This is a fairly minor feature release. The major changes are the pattern matching ACL support, the support for running directly as a Windows service and the change to the network code to attempt to send packets immediately. The Windows binary is now supplied as an installer rather than a zip file.
- Add support for matching ACLs based on client id and username.
- Add a Windows installer file (NSIS based).
- Add native support for running the broker as a Windows service. This is the default when installed using the new installer.
- Fix client count for listeners. When clients disconnect, decrement the
max_connectionsto work again.
- Attempt to send all packets immediately upon being queued. This will result in more immediate network communication in many cases.
- Log IP address when reporting CONNACK packets if the client id isn't yet known.
- Fix payload length calculation in python
- Fix Python publish and
will_setfunctions for payload=None.
- Fix keepalive value being lost when reconnecting a client (bug #880863).
- Persistence file writing now uses portable file functions, so the Cygwin broker build should no longer be necessary.
- Duplicate code between the client and broker side has been reduced.
- Queued messages for clients reconnecting with
clean_session=falseset were not being sent until the next message for that client was received. This has been fixed (bug #890724).
- Fix subscriptions to # incorrectly matching against topics beginning with /