This release brings the new MQTT v3.1 features to the broker - client authentication and topic access control. See mosquitto.conf(5) or the included example password and ACL files.
- Implement support for the
password_fileoption and accompanying authentication requirements in the broker.
- Implement topic Access Control Lists.
MOSQ_ERR_PAYLOAD_SIZEif the payload is too large (>268,435,455 bytes).
- Bridge support can now be disabled at compile time.
- Group together network writes for outgoing packets - don't send single byte writes!
- Add support for
- Add support for the
clientidconfig variable for controlling bridge client ids.
- Remove 32-bit database ID support because htobe64() no longer used.
- Multiple client subscriptions to the same topic result in only a single subscription. Bug #744077.
Please see the download page.
Thanks to Adam Rudd, Joshua Lock, Sang Kyeong Nam and Yuvraaj Kelkar.