This is a bugfix release.
- Fix detection of incoming v3.1/v3.1.1 bridges. Closes #1263.
- Fix default
max_topic_aliaslistener config not being copied to the in-use listener when compiled without TLS support.
- Fix random number generation if compiling using
WITH_TLS=noand on Linux with glibc >= 2.25. Without this fix, no random numbers would be generated for e.g. on broker client id generation, and so clients connecting expecting this feature would be unable to connect.
- Fix compilation problem related to
getrandom()on non-glibc systems.
- Fix Will message for a persistent client incorrectly being sent when the client reconnects after a clean disconnect. Closes #1273.
- Fix Will message for a persistent client not being sent on disconnect. Closes #1273.
- Improve documentation around the upgrading of persistence files. Closes #1276.
- Add 'extern "C"' on mosquitto_broker.h and mosquitto_plugin.h for C++ plugin writing. Closes #1290.
- Fix persistent Websockets clients not receiving messages after they reconnect, having sent DISCONNECT on a previous session. Closes #1227.
- Disable TLS renegotiation. Client initiated renegotiation is considered to be a potential attack vector against servers. Closes #1257.
- Fix incorrect shared subscription topic '$shared'.
- Fix zero length client ids being rejected for MQTT v5 clients with clean start set to true.
- Fix MQTT v5 overlapping subscription behaviour. Clients now receive message from all matching subscriptions rather than the first one encountered, which ensures the maximum QoS requirement is met.
- Fix incoming/outgoing quota problems for QoS>0.
- Remove obsolete
- Fix typo causing build error on Windows when building without TLS support. Closes #1264.
- Fix -L url parsing when
/topicpart is missing.
- Stop some error messages being printed even when
--quietwas used. Closes #1284.
mosquitto_pubexiting with error code 0 when an error occurred. Closes #1285.
mosquitto_pubnot using the
-coption. Closes #1273.
- Fix MQTT v5 clients not being able to specify a password without a username. Closes #1274.
mosquitto_pub -lnot handling network failures. Closes #1152.
mosquitto_pub -lnot handling zero length input. Closes #1302.
- Fix double free on exit in
mosquitto_pub. Closes #1280.
- Remove references to Python binding and C++ wrapper in libmosquitto man page. Closes #1266.
- CLIENT_LDFLAGS now uses LDFLAGS. Closes #1294.